Hi all,

still having some trouble trying to put together an interface to the GPS device
on the N810. Overall I need to retrieve the current location (not sure what
kind of data the GPS driver (or the gpsd) returns on the N810) that eventually
I can feed into Google Maps API (or something equivalent) to show me
my current location on a map.

If anyone has ventured along these paths and has some suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. If existing apps are out there that can already performed these
operations it would even be better so that I don't re-invent the wheel.

Thanks and regards

Henning Heinold wrote:
Quoting Demetris <demet...@ece.neu.edu>:

Hey Henning,

do you have any further info as to how to run the gpsd via the java-dbus? I want to run this on the N800 and either interface through java or javascript
clients.

Thanks

Hi,

sorry I was wrong. On maemo4 aka diablo you can start gpsd either

via liblocation
http://maemo.org/maemo_release_documentation/maemo4.1.x/node10.html#SECTION001027100000000000000

or using the old way via gpsbt_start()
http://andrew.daviel.org/N810-FAQ.html#gpsd

Seems you need a little helperprogram to activate gpsd first.

I quick snooped with dbus-monitor, so at least there is a dbus-signal
when gpsd is started. But that's dont come from gpsd.

Bye Henning