On Tue, 2010-05-25 at 00:28 -0400, Demetris wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> still having some trouble trying to put together an interface to the GPS
> device
> on the N810. Overall I need to retrieve the current location (not sure what
> kind of data the GPS driver (or the gpsd) returns on the N810) that
> eventually

You can connect to gpsd using a normal socket connection, gpsd listens
on localhost:2947
By default it speaks gpsd protocol, but you can switch it to raw NMEA by
sending a proper command, "r+" (+ "\r\n"). Then you can parse the NMEA
messages yourself for whatever gps data you need for your application.

--
Kaj-Michael Lang <mil...@tal.org>