On Thursday 16 February 2012 08:31:47 robert bauer wrote:
> We are in need of supertesters to promote packages on Extras.  This is a
> crucial function which is currently suffering because the list of
> supertesters and promotion rules have not been updated in a long time.
> [url]
> http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail/maemo-developers/2012-January/028825.html[/
> url]
>
> Of the [URL="https://garage.maemo.org/projects/qatesters/"]current
> list[/URL], I propose to keep Andre Klapper and Harald Schmitt because they
> continue to be involved.  If anyone has been involved and I missed it,
> please speak up.  I'm sorry and you will be kept as well.
>
> For new supertesters, we should have people who have a demonstrated
> interest in maemo and ability to test maemo packages.  It is vital that
> supertesters are trusted members of the community.  A single supertester
> will be able to promote someone else's (not their own) package. [U]Please
> feel free to suggest different or more objective criteria for
> supertesters.[/U]
>
> So far the following have been nominated:
>
> Pali
> freemangordon
> nicolai
> merlin19xx
> MAG
>
> Rob
>
> (This has also been posted on the forum.)

We (Maemo Community) really need people with ability to promote packages which
do not maintain (e.g not on maintainer list). See how log took to promote
package rootsh, version 1.8 to Extras (more than year?). Old version in Extras
had critical bug which cause not possible to uninstall package. And maintainer
abandoned Maemo community, so nobody had permission for it!

I would like to see permission for promoting packages which I update and not
wait while old maintainer give me needed permisstion!

--
Pali Rohár
pali.ro...@gmail.com