On 11 May 2012 10:11, Christian Ratzenhofer
<christian_ratzenho...@yahoo.de> wrote:
> Coming monday (14.05) we will have an irc meeting in #maemo-ssu on freenode
> @ 18:00 UTC
>
> Target of the meeting is to decide on a way how we handle rewrites within
> cssu, and how new ones should be added.

A previous discussion can be seen at:

http://mg.pov.lt/maemo-ssu-irclog/%23maemo-ssu.2012-05-07.log.html#t2012-05-07T15:08:09

My position is that the CSSU exists to make possible for the average
user things which only Nokia could previously do (such as
upgrades/bugfixes to hildon-desktop & Modest). If something can be
installed via Extras, it should be. If it's a fully functional
rewrite, an additional package can be used to swap the .desktops etc.
This means users can have the choice between, and compare
side-by-side, the original and the rewrite. This additional "bridging"
package *might* require the CSSU. If so, maybe it should be in a
separate repo, a "CSSU Extras" if you will.

See you Monday!

Cheers,

Andrew

--