I don’t know if you all received this email about attaching the notification to a child window of the application and not the main one. Again thank you very much!

---cut-here---

I found a way. In the source of the task-navigator (hd-task-navigator.c in hildon-desktop) says:

     /*
* -- @nodest: What notifications this thumbnails is destination for. * Taken from the _HILDON_NOTIFICATION_THREAD property
      *                  of the thumbnail's client or its WM_CLASS hint.

So well that’s what I did in Qt:

   #include <X11/Xlib.h>
   #include <X11/Xatom.h>

   (...)

   QString test = “thread example”;

   // Set the thread name
Atom atom = XInternAtom(QX11Info::display(), "_HILDON_NOTIFICATION_THREAD", False);
   if (atom)
   {
       XChangeProperty (QX11Info::display(),
                        winId(),
                        atom,
                        XA_STRING,
                        8,
                        PropModeReplace,
                        (unsigned char *)test.toUtf8().constData(),
                        test.toUtf8().length()
                        );
   }

I verified the settings using xprop:

[sbox-FREMANTLE_X86: ~] > xprop -id 18874418 | grep THREAD
_HILDON_NOTIFICATION_THREAD(STRING) = “thread example”

... and now the notification attaches to the correct window if it has a hint “message-thread” as “thread example”.

Thank you so much for your help!! It was very hard to do, and I had to read a lot of the source code.

   Naikel