Rich Morin writes:

 > So, it sounds like any feature requests should be directed to
 > Mailman 3:

That is correct.

 > Mailman Core seems to be the best bet

For the viewers playing along at home, there is no Mailman Core list
as far as I know. :-)  There are two lists, the core developers are all
subscribed to both.  They are both Mailman 3 lists:

Mailman Developers <mailman-develop...@python.org>
https://mail.python.org/mailman3/lists/mailman-developers.python.org/

for technical questions and "obvious" feature requests directed to the
developers, and

Mailman Users <mailman-us...@mailman3.org>
https://lists.mailman3.org/mailman3/lists/mailman-users.mailman3.org/

for questions and feature requests that would benefit from input from
other users.  Sorry about the confusing domains and duplicated list
name (Mailman Users); we originally hoped that Mailman 3 would quickly
entirely replace Mailman 2 for the kind of folks who subscribe to
applications' discussion lists, and we could just migrate -users and
eventually -developers to mailman3.org.  But it didn't happen that
way, and we found we really needed to keep the original mailman-users
list around for the many users who were perfectly satisfied with
Mailman 2's features and quality but still had the occasional question
(such as "OMG what is DMARC!!!!!" :-).

 > I'll post there and see how the maintainers respond...

You're just going to get the same people (me and Mark) :-), except
that I think Abhilash is a little more likely to respond on Mailman
Developers and the V3 version of Mailman Users.  (There are several
other core developers but they're currently busy with other stuff and
not hanging out here these days.)

Steve