pau.bai...@csuc.cat writes:

 > We have a problem with some Outlook users who on the list return
 > this error:

This is an Outlook problem.  With luck somebody here may have an
answer, but we are not Outlook experts.  You should go to Outlook
channels for help.

Here's my best guess:
The error message is completely garbled (or is that just the way
Outlook rolls?), but it looks like there is data encoded in
"eucgb2312-cn".  I've seen a lot of Chinese over the years, but I
don't think I've ever seen that encoding.  So my guess is that some of
your users have Outlook installations that know what that is, and some
don't.  (I would bet that it's just an alias for what almost everyone
calls "gb2312", IIRC that's 8-bit EUC-formatted by default, although
there are 16-bit and 7-bit versions as well.)

The easiest thing is to tell your users who are sending in that
encoding to cut it out (getting admins to fix mail software is really
hard, but most mail clients have flexible settings for preferred
encodings).  Use "gb2312" itself, or "gbk" or "gb18030" (superset
encodings of "gb2312"), or "UTF-8" (a different encoding), and I bet
the problem evaporates.

Steve