Hi,

A new version of the "C++ support for MakeMaker" patch is ready.

It's available from here:
  http://www.nondoc.org/perl/mm-cxx-0.11.patch.gz

And the full patched ExtUtil::MakeMaker package is here:
  http://www.nondoc.org/perl/ExtUtils-MakeMaker-6.22_02.tar.gz

I have included most of the changes suggested by Nick Ing-Simmons and corrected some problems from the previous version.

It's tested on Linux+gcc and Windows+MSVC and only support for these platforms is really fully implemented.

I have added two new modules to ExtUtils:
- ExtUtils::Cxx that looks for the C++ compiler and checks that it works
- ExtUtils::Which that looks for an executable file on the path.

To add support for different OS/compiler combination ExtUtils::Cxx internal data has to be updated.

MakeMaker looks for the C++ compiler only when C++ sources are detected. For C or pure Perl modules MakeMaker does the same as before.

Only old C++ modules with hard coded compiler settings should be affected or broken by this patch.

Bye,

- Salvador.