----- Original Message -----
From: "Archaic" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <makemaker@perl.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 15, 2006 7:53 AM
Subject: PDL build failure with perl-5.8.8

> All I need to know is if perl's bundled MM_Unix.pm should be patched as
> per the link above, or if the problem lies with PDL.

Afaik, the problem is with MM_Unix.pm, but the latest PDL sources (from the
CVS repository) incorporate a workaround that ... ummm .... should work
around that problem - so patching MM_Unix.pm should be unnecessary.

If you find that the latest PDL sources (from the CVS repository - see
http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=612 ) still won't build, please provide
the PDL-porters list with details. We (PDL developers/maintainers) can't
patch MM_Unix.pm but hopefully we *can* patch PDL so that any MM_Unix.pm
bugs don't prevent PDL from building.

Cheers,
Rob