"Sisyphus" wrote in perl.makemaker :
>> All I need to know is if perl's bundled MM_Unix.pm should be patched as
>> per the link above, or if the problem lies with PDL.

I commented on that bug: the MM_Unix patch doesn't look correct to me,
and moreover PDL builds correctly with bleadperl's MakeMaker.

> Afaik, the problem is with MM_Unix.pm, but the latest PDL sources (from the
> CVS repository) incorporate a workaround that ... ummm .... should work
> around that problem - so patching MM_Unix.pm should be unnecessary.
>
> If you find that the latest PDL sources (from the CVS repository - see
> http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=612 ) still won't build, please provide
> the PDL-porters list with details. We (PDL developers/maintainers) can't
> patch MM_Unix.pm but hopefully we *can* patch PDL so that any MM_Unix.pm
> bugs don't prevent PDL from building.

Do you have a link for a patch implementing the said workaround ? I'd
rather avoid installing a PDL from CVS...

--
Only what happens every three hundred nights is true.
    -- Borges