http://makemaker.org/

Happy one year (and two weeks) last MakeMaker alpha release anniversary!  I
know, its sad.

This release is mostly about syncing up with bleadperl.

Let's call this a release candidate.  If it tests out well I'll release it as 6.31.
 Windows & VMS folks, I want to hear from you about your passes.

6.30_02  Fri Sep  1 15:03:55 EDT 2006
   - Updated to ExtUtils::Install 1.41
   * Won't scan for and build man pages when MAN3PODS is deliberately set
     empty.
   - Minor VMS fixes. [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   - VMS->one_liner must quote "--" argument. [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   * Split INSTALLSCRIPT into INSTALLSCRIPT, INSTALLSITESCRIPT and
     INSTALLVENDORSCRIPT so it now honors INSTALLDIRS. [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   - Minor fix to work with Pod::man 2.04. [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   - $Revision was broken.
   - Updated our internal version of Test::More to catch a few warnings.
   - ExtUtils::Command::test_f() test was broken.
   - Clarified that test_f() exits.

6.30_01  Tue Aug 16 23:53:27 PDT 2005
   * Fixed compiling modules using an uninstalled Perl on Win32 by using
     the proper perl header location for Windows (which is different from
     Unix).  Looks like a very old bug.  [bugs.perl.org 36128]
   - $ExtUtils::MakeMaker::Revision accidentally left in a stray "Revision".
     [thanks pdx.pm for noticing this]
   - Fixed the $VERSION = $Revision$ example in the MakeMaker docs and the
     FAQ. [thanks again, pdx.pm]
   - Elaborated on the differences between CVS, SVN and others when using
     $Revision$ based $VERSIONs.
   * ExtUtils::Command, ExtUtils::Install, ExtUtils::Manifest,
     ExtUtils::Mkbootstrap, ExtUtils::Mksymlists and ExtUtils::Packlist
     are all now considered to be separate distributions.  To avoid a
     circular dependency, MakeMaker distributes its own versions but CPAN
     should not index them and they will not overwrite a newer, installed
     version.
   * Added EXTRA_META option to allow module authors to append extra
     text to the generated META.yml.
   * Added a LICENSE field mirroring Module::Build's license.
   * META.yml support updated to version 1.1.  All required fields
     now generated.  (NOTE: 1.1 isn't yet complete but we're going with
     it anyway.  MakeMaker uses "author" instead of "authored_by" as its
     expected the former will be used in 1.1 final).
   * Non-conforming version_from and installdirs META.yml fields removed.
   * META.yml distribution_type field now intelligent enough to guess at
     the type rather than hard code 'module'.
   * INSTALLBASE changed to INSTALL_BASE to match Module::Build.
   * Added a MAKE parameter for Windows users to say if they're using
     dmake or nmake.