Root folder here means the folder in your site repository where you want to
package all resources within it. So for example, if your site repository is
laid out like this:

   - MyMap1
      - Data
      - Layers
      - Maps
      - Layouts
   - MyMap2
      - Data
      - Layers
      - Maps
      - Layouts

If you want to package everything under MyMap1, you would use either:

   - Library://MyMap1/
   - //MyMap1/

And if you load this package on a different MapGuide Server, it will
re-create this folder structure on that MG server as part of loading all
the packaged resources.

   - MyMap1
      - Data
      - Layers
      - Maps
      - Layouts

If you want to package everything in the site repository, you can use
Library:// or //

You can only package a single folder with the mapadmin, you cannot package
multiple different folders at the same time.

Hope that helps.

- Jackie

You wrote:

Hi,
How do i make package on the mapadmin page? It quiet confuse about the
syntax to use

|* Folder name (e.g. Library://<root_folder>/<folder1>): |
*

root folder of what?
i tried to doLibrary://Packages/Library://Backup/Library://Library://<server
name>/packages/Library://<server name>/
still not working, can someone help me on this?
Thanks

--
*Please Note: I no longer create new posts or post replies to any OSGeo