The mgserver.exe executable in MGOS 4.0 beta 1 supports package loading
from the command-line:

mgserver.exe loadpackage <path to package file>

Does this new method for loading packages work for you?

Also: If you are using transactional package loading in Maestro, it does
not work in the current release:
https://jumpinjackie.github.io/mapguide-maestro/userguide/known_issues.html

- Jackie

You wrote:

We're encountering an issue where we can't load packages using the MapGuide
Site Administrator portal in MapGuide 4.0 Beta 1. This is a relatively new
issue that I haven't encountered before. In MGOS 3.1, when you load a
package, a new page would be displayed with the message "The package is
currently loading [...] of the Site Administrator". In MGOS 4 Beta 1, that
page isn't being displayed and it doesn't appear that the package is
successfully loaded as the “Status” field remains unchanged for the
selected package.

When I try to load the package using Maestro, the pop-up window that
displays the progress closes without a notice of the load being successful
or not.
Thanks,
David

--
*Please Note: I no longer create new posts or post replies to any OSGeo