Marc Paré wrote:

> But, if we are to be divided up according to country designation as per
> SC wishes -- in this case especially the US, then no problem. We should
> make sure that sharing of resources where they are scarce, as in my case
> Canada, care be taken in providing support for the marketing of LibO
> brand. In this case a Canadian country list/Wiki or website should be
> established to coordinate events where the LibO brand could be
> represented. The same being done for those countries wishing to organise
> this way.

Hi Marc, for the marketing effort, there isn't any decision from the SC,
as we believe that the structure should be discussed together with the
people who are actually working in the different areas (countries or
sub-continents). I think that it makes sense, for the geographies where
there are several spoken languages (US, Spain, Canada) to have a
different marketing organization than the one based on languages which
makes sense for support and localization. The two organizations will
coexist and bring added value to each other.

We are still busy on other topics, but we will be happy to contribute if
someone starts a discussion on how marketing should be organized in some
areas. North America has always been a weak spot for the community and
we definitely want to be stronger in that geography.

--
Italo Vignoli
Mobile: +39.348.5653829 - VoIP: +39.02.320621813