On 11/20/2010 09:04 PM, drew wrote:

So of course the wiki is a tool that is going be used, but the process
of design, as is ongoing here, and then implementation via a CMS, such
as Drupal or Silverstripe for that matter, is precisely a mechanism for
delivery of a system that performs in the way you describe, IMO.

I do not mind about the platform. I know that when the information is on the web site it is considered official, while the same information on a wiki is not official (I can ask the press to amend a statement taken from the wiki, but I cannot ask to amend a statement taken from the web site). I assume that information visible on the web site are officially approved documents, while you can easily write on a wiki page that "this is work in progress, and should not be considered officially approved".

I do not mind what happens before the publication on the web site. I am not concerned of what happens behind the scenes, also because I am not a tech guy and most of the times I do not understand technology.

--
Italo Vignoli - The Document Foundation
E-mail: italo.vign...@documentfoundation.org