On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 4:59 PM, Alexandro Colorado <j...@oooes.org> wrote:
> On 1/11/13, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 4:04 PM, Alphonso Whitfield III
>> <awhitfi...@vital-inet.com> wrote:
>>> which one can I use or are we still in the draft stage? I was going to
>>> post it on my facebook and google plus page. please advise.
>>>

>> I think we're still evaluating designs right now.
>
> I wonder why my commits are not making it to production, am I missing a step?

I think so. It sounds like you are checking into SVN directly.  That
gets the changes under version control, but it is not automatically
pushed onto the website.

Here's what I do:

1) Check into SVN

2) Use the CMS bookmarklet to get into the CMS, at either the root, or
the subdir that I'm working in.

3) The CMS then has an update button that does an svn update into the
staging source directory. So it suck in the latest changes from SVN.

4) Then I wait for the site build to complete, usually only 20 seconds
or so.  This is applying the site template.

5) Then verify that staging build looks as you want.

6) Then click publish to send the generated HTML (with site template
applied) to the production server.

I just checked the server and saw that there were updates to ac.html
that were in SVN but not on the webserver.  So I just did the above
steps, so the website should now have your latest.

Regards,

-Rob

>> -Rob
>>

>>> Plan Your Work and Work Your Plan