On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 12:12 PM, James Grenier
<greni...@middlesex.mass.edu> wrote:
> Thank you, Andrea, that is helpful.
>
> Is there enough need for this that we should explore having contacts by
> country/language again? Or was that too cumbersome a process?

As a volunteer-led project we can't assume that we have an available
contact on any given day in any given country.  Generally journalists
expect a quick response.  So we don't want to advertise a named media
contact, someone who has a "day job" and goes on vacation, etc.
Instead we advertise the pr...@openoffice.apache.org address and then
the PMC finds an appropriate person to follow up, based on who is
available at the time.   This has worked well.

Also, we make a distinction between:

1) Someone being interviewed as a contributor to OpenOffice, but
expressing their own views and not officially speaking on behalf of
the project.

2) Someone wanting an official statement on behalf of the project.

We're glad to help with #1, but we don't put a lot of structure around it.

Regards,

-Rob