> From: acolor...@gmail.com [mailto:acolor...@gmail.com] On
> Is there any documentation, reports, or things that can serve as a
> research material for people outside of germany. (blog posts,
> articles, discussions, prefferably in english)

I know on this issue unfortunately only German-language materials, for example:

http://www.muenchen.de/rathaus/Stadtverwaltung/Direktorium/LiMux.html
http://www.it-muenchen-blog.de/2013/12/limux-project-graduation-software-evolution-has-be-bewahrt/

a lot of links on wikipedia:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/LiMux

> We can start working on some online campaign, raise a website, create
> some open discussions about what is happening in germany.

I think this is not particularly effective. Important would be directly to the
city of Munich, the influence this makes their decision for LibreOffice
reversed.
Currently, the city of Munich announced OpenOffice to replace LibreOffice,
starting from September 2014th

For example, see:
http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/LiMux-Muenchner-Stadtspitze-stellt-gesamte-IT-nebst-Linux-auf-den-Pruefstand-2301369.html

"...plant, die rund 15.000 unter Linux laufenden Rechner von September an auf
das LibreOffice-Paket umzustellen und so auch die Interoperabilität mit der
Microsoft-Welt zu verbessern."

Translation by Google:
"... plans to convert the 15,000 running Linux hosts from September to the
LibreOffice package and thus to improve interoperability with the Microsoft
world."

Greetings,
Jörg