MARINEMAMMAL BOOKS AND REPRINTS SOUGHT

¡VIVAVaquita! (a non-profit organization) is seeking marinemammal books,
reprints, monographs, and journals.  Literature can be donated or we can
purchasesets of books, reprints, and journals. We compile and then make the
literature available to colleagues workingon marine mammals, getting it into
hands where it will be actively used, and inthe process help to raise funds for
research and conservation work on thevaquita (Phocoena sinus), the World’smost
endangered marine mammal species. Donations are tax-deductible, and we maybe
able to arrange pick-up of large quantities of literature.

As you may haveheard, the global population of this species now numbers <100
individualsand is decling at about 19%/year.  We arecurrently collecting
literature to help fund our education work with localorganizations and school
groups in Mexico and California, in a last-ditcheffort to avoid the extinction
of this species in the next couple of years!  Visit our website at
www.vivavaquita.org.  If you have any marine mammal literature youwould be
interested in donating or selling to us, please contact Tom Jefferson at
sclym...@aol.com.