MARINEMAMMAL BOOKS AND REPRINTS SOUGHT

¡VIVAVaquita! (a non-profit organization) is seeking marinemammal books,
reprints, monographs, and journals.  Literature can be donated or we can
purchasesets of books, reprints, and journals. We compile and then make the
literature available to colleagues workingon marine mammals, getting it into
hands where it will be actively used, and inthe process help to raise funds for
research and conservation work on thevaquita (Phocoena sinus), the World’smost
endangered marine mammal species. Donations are tax-deductible, and we maybe
able to arrange pick-up of large libraries (and possibly even to providesome
payment for more valuable items). We are interested in issues of Marine Mammal
Science only from vol. 27(2011) onwards.

As you may haveheard, the global population of this species now numbers about
50-80individuals and is decling at about 30%/year. We are currently collecting
literature as part of our efforts to helpfund our education and public
awareness work, in a last-ditch effort to avoidthe extinction of this species
in the next couple of years!  Visit our website at www.vivavaquita.orgfor more
details.  If you have any marinemammal literature you would be interested in
donating or ‘selling’ to us,please contact Tom Jefferson at  sclym...@aol.com.