Dear all,

The first ever virtual European Cetacean Society Conference took place a couple
of weeks ago. The local Organizing Committee in Israel did a great job and
managed to put together brilliantly our 33rd annual ECS Conference. For those
of you who registered for the conference, the recordings of the entire
conference are available on the platform under the VOD tab; two parts for each
day, before and after lunch break (https://ecs.b2b-wizard.com/expo
<https://ecs.b2b-wizard.com/expo>). Posters are also still viewable and
downloadable from the platform, where you will be able to go as many times as
you like over the virtual ECS Conference materials until the end of May.

One ECS Conference closes and it is time for us to start thinking about the ECS
34th Conference. That’s why we are doing a call across our membership and
followers and we announce the opening for proposals for next year’s conference.
We intend to have a fully functional in-person conference in 2023 with also a
virtual component that should allow people non-present at the conference to
follow the presentations.

Those willing to present their candidacy to organize the ECS 34th Annual
Conference should get in touch as soon as possible with Joan Gonzalvo, ECS
Chair, by sending an email to ch...@europeancetaceansociety.eu
<mailto:ch...@europeancetaceansociety.eu> . If you are considering this
possibility but have some questions or uncertainties, please contact us anyway
and we will try to clarify them. In order to have enough time to set-up our
next annual conference with guarantees for spring 2023, we must identify the
site of the conference and the Local Organizing Committee no later than the end
of May. Hence, we kindly invite you to submit a brief proposal (1-2 pages) to
host our next conference no later than 10th May 2022. This should reflect your
vision of the next ECS Conference; location, venue, expectations, detail on the
local organizing team and anything else you want to share with us.

Sincerely yours,

Joan Gonzalvo
European Cetacean Society - Chairman