Dear Marine Mammal Community,

We are seeking marine mammal images for the 3rd edition of *Marine Mammals
of the World: A Comprehensive Guide to Their Identification*. Authors Tom
Jefferson, Bob Pitman, and I, along with illustrator Uko Gorter, are
planning to launch the book at the SMM Biennial Conference in Perth,
Australia, in 2024.

We are looking for a wide variety of outstanding photographs of common and
rare species to expand our coverage. In addition to showing important field
characteristics, we also want images of unusually marked and colored
animals, known or suspected hybrids, and characteristic and interesting
behaviors. For this new edition, we also want to include drone and aerial
still images of as many species as possible. For rare or extralimital
species, we will also accept images of stranded or beached animals.

Image submission is open until August 2023 and should consist of
low-resolution files preferably linked to Google Drive or Dropbox, etc., or
sent as attachments (up to 20 mb) in an email to me at
marcwebbermmo...@gmail.com. Include relevant data (date, location, any
interesting details). Images selected will need to be sent as
high-resolution files.

Every photographer whose image appears in the book will receive a free
electronic copy of the book, along with a discount code to purchase a hard
copy from the publisher at a 30% discount. Thanks to all of you who
contribute – it's through the generosity and talent of our colleagues that
this book has become, we believe, the best available guide to marine
mammals.

Please contact me with any questions.

Marc Webber

Research Associate