Hi Dan,

I find MartEditor to be buggy and finicky and have run into similar issues,
what I find is that if you export all of the XML files and have a look at
them manually you can find where something might not be consistent.  Also
examine all the database meta__* tables in the database to make sure
everything is sound as these can also get screwed up.  Sometimes that still
doesn't solve the problem and I have to start over where I export all the
XML and then delete all the meta__* tables.  Then you restart MartEditor and
do Naive configuration and then Upload and replace the existing XML with the
ones you saved.

best,
Leandro