In theory, hidden means that it won't appear in either martview or martservice.
This is better than just deleting it because if you delete it and later do an
update in MartEditor, it'll come back again.

hideDisplay means it won't show up in martview, but it'll still appear in
martservice.

At least, in theory. MartEditor is a bit temperamental in actually exporting
settings sometimes. Hopefully the soon-to-be-announced 0.8 will be a big
improvement on this.

cheers,
Richard

On 3 Sep 2010, at 14:11, Richard Cote wrote:

> Hi Damian
>
> I did exactly that but it appeared in martview. It's not the end of the world
> if that attribute is visible, but it represents an internal ID and makes no
> sense to anybody else but us so it really shouldn't be there.
>
> What's the difference between 'hidden' and 'hideDisplay' and how can I get
> that attribute to not appear in martview?
>
> Cheers,
> Rc
>

> > Hi Richard,
> >
> > I am fairly certain if you use hideDisplay in MartEditor they should still
> > be > available for a martservice query and not appear in martview.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Damian
> >

> > On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 8:34 AM, Richard Cote <rc...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >     Hi all
> >
> >     I want to expose some attributes via the martservice only, not through
> > the > martviewer. What are the marteditor configuration settings to achieve
> > this
> > goal?
> >
> >     Cheers,
> >     Rc
> >     --
> >     Richard Cote
> >     Software Engineer - PRIDE Project Team (Sequence Database Group)
> >     European Bioinformatics Institute
> >     Wellcome Trust Genome Campus                 rc...@xxxxxxxxx
> >     Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SD                  Phone: (+44) 1223 492610
> >     United Kingdom                               Fax  : (+44) 1223 494468
>
> --
> Richard Cote
> Software Engineer - PRIDE Project Team (Sequence Database Group)
> European Bioinformatics Institute
> Wellcome Trust Genome Campus                 rc...@ebi.ac.uk
> Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SD                  Phone: (+44) 1223 492610
> United Kingdom                               Fax  : (+44) 1223 494468

--
Richard Holland, BSc MBCS
Operations and Delivery Director, Eagle Genomics Ltd