Hi Richard,

If hideDisplay is set to true in the MartEditor XML then it definitely
should not appear in MartView but it is still available for for the API,
MartService calls etc. The difference from hidden is that setting this to
true stops the attribute appearing in MartView and being available to the
BioMart API/Services. The only point of hidden attributes and filters is to
stop them reappearing everytime you do a config update in MartEditor.

If the attribute definitely has hideDisplay set to true (note it should be
true and not 1) and is still appearing in MartView after running perl
configure.pl --clean -r conf/reg.xml and restarting the server then this is
probably a MartEditor bug. Let me know and I can come and find you and fix
it.

Cheers
Damian