"you can't disrespect females like you are. You dig ? You are dumber than
apes when it come to the girls. So why not drop the extraordinary anti-women
total bullshit and peace out ?"

(means) = The problem with Afghanistan is the Women Factor and the
treatment of women by one of the political factions in the country.

^^^^^ there is a profound issue of principle here concerning the status of
women,and the principle is not Western decadence.

Comment

How does the Obama administration seeking a new alliance - to reform its
relationship with the Taliban, change the status of women in Afghanistan? When
their status is the direct expression of the rule of the Taliban?

The name of this thread is "Obama says US may reach out to Taliban" - a
political faction.

The issue of this thread is the Taliban rather than the status of women in
Afghanistan. If you were Obama, which you are not, you still could not do  much
about the status of women in Afghanistan because their status is governed  by
the Taliban and the Taliban as a political faction - institution, is the
result of American policy shifts and supported by our bourgeoisie.

Here is the problem: the crux missile liberals scream bloody murder about
the treatment of women in Afghanistan and Iraq as the ideological reason for
invasion of these countries by our government. Surely all communists
understand
this. Inasmuch as you have not written anything even remotely  suggesting
closing US basis in Afghanistan and withdrawing US military forces, I  am
assuming you support current American policy as Obama, in Afghanistan.

Do you?

On the contrary the issue of the status of women in Afghanistan - right now
today, is in fact a question of Western decadence and the direct result of
first  the British Indian Empire in contest and conflict with the old Russian
Empire  and currently American imperial policy. How can this not be obvious?
Are
you not  aware that the people who financially and militarily helped the
Taliban into  power live in our country and have government positions and was
carrying out  American imperialist policy? Perhaps, there is a misunderstanding
of
what drives  American foreign policy, wherein one moment policy supports the
Taliban, then  overthrow the Taliban government, through invasion and now seeks
realignment  with the Taliban.

Perhaps there is a need to more thoughtfully think out this penning away
over the status of women in Afghanistan as the sharpest ideological hypocrisy
of
the bourgeoisie. What seems to be wrong is mistaking the Taliban for
Afghanistan.

********************

CB:  Iraq and Afghanistan are not identical in that the 9/11 attackers  were
based in the latter.  Although Bush distorted and exaggerated the  response in
the response to Afghanistan, that aspect is not a nothing. Obama has
expressed a sense that is a basis for paring down Bush's overreaction to that
legitimate aspect.

It is agreed that Iraq and Afghanistan are not identical. The comment above
are disturbing. Me think the destruction of Iraq was "distorted and
exaggerated"  and invading Afghanistan was nothing less than imperialist
intrusion. It
would  seem you do in fact support the invasion of Afghanistan, but favor a
"paring  down" under the Obama administration, as the voice of American
communists.  And the voice of this Marxist list serv, rather than  the voice
calling
for withdrawal of all American troops and the closing of  American military
bases - a goal of an important segment of the anti-war  movement in our
country.

Me think that a paring down of US military troops anywhere on earth, is  best
driven by the voice in our domestic politics as the unconditional  demand for
the removal of our troops from specific countries.

Perhaps I have again misunderstood your meaning . . . again.

"Obama has expressed a sense that is a basis for paring down Bush's
overreaction to that legitimate aspect."

Is "that legitimate aspect" the invasion of Afghanistan?

Trying to view the world through Obama eyes, rather than communist morality
and vision is fraught with danger and in the end drives one into the camp of
the  imperialist bourgeoisie.

Tragic.

WL.