What should we expect. He even reaches out to Republicans and keeps
people like Gates around.
He's a reacher!

http://lists.econ.utah.edu/pipermail/marxism-thaxis/2009-March/date.html

http://lists.econ.utah.edu/pipermail/marxism-thaxis/2009-March/024185.html

>>CB:  Iraq and Afghanistan are not identical
in that the 9/11 attackers were based in
the latter.  Although Bush distorted and
exaggerated the response in the response
to Afghanistan, that aspect is not a nothing.
Obama has expressed a sense that is
a basis for paring down Bush's overreaction
to that legitimate aspect.<<

Not so simple. The 9/11 perps based on the evidence we have been
allowed to see were based in US, Canada and Europe, and out of Saudi
Arabia and Egypt.

Also, the war on Iraq was sold in part on the idea that nudge nudge
wink wink everybody, Saddam Hussein was so evil, he just had to have
something to do with that horrible unprecedented huge evil 9/11
against the US, poor victims.

More than newly advocating what 'the west' sees as oppressive social
practices, the Taliban usually managed to assert power in Afghanistan
and Pakistan by acting as 'enforcers' of already entrenched social
practices. They didn't invent such a harsh version of sharia. But like
many puritanical forms of a a relatively old religion, they are
actually a rather new development. In this case 'Deobandi', from
India.

--
Japan Higher Education Outlook
http://japanheo.blogspot.com/