I think that any panel trying to assert that Leninism was compatible with
democratic discourse within the movement rather made the opposite point by
muzzling the discussion.

I'm still not sure that I agree with your position, but I'm not a historian
of the Russian Revolution and am unsure of the importance of this kind of
debate outside this particularly tempestuous teapot.  Nevertheless, had I
been on that panel or involved in organizing it, I would have insisted that
you or your perspective be represented on it. . . . which may explain why I
was in Ohio when it was going on.

I've never seen the point of going through the time and trouble of going
through the motions of having a discussion without reaping the benefits of
having actually had one.

ML
Send list submissions to: Marxism@lists.csbs.utah.edu