On 7/26/14 9:02 AM, Marv Gandall via Marxism wrote:

On Jul 25, 2014, at 9:03 PM, Clay Claiborne via Marxism
<marxism@lists.csbs.utah.edu> wrote:

I have never felt a particular ownership or
responsibility for the actions of “our” imperialists….I will always praise imperialists,
even "our own" on the rare
occasions when they do the right thing.

Besides military assistance to its proxies, I assume doing the right thing in
Clay’s view also includes economic sanctions, US imperialism’s weapon of choice
for exercising control. I asked Clay about this a couple of days ago - no
response as yet - and Louis, Andy, and others who broadly agree with Clay’s
characterization of the civil war within Ukraine as “Russian aggression” might
also want to have a stab at it:

http://lists.csbs.utah.edu/pipermail/marxism/2014-July/254181.html

What the hell is this, a trial of Clay and you as District Attorney?

Clay is a blogger who has made his positions clear in hundreds of thousands of words. You, by contrast, do nothing except post newspaper or magazine articles prefaced with a 2 or 3 sentence analysis.

Leaving aside the question of who is right or wrong about Ukraine, I wish to god that more people would take their politics seriously and defend their politics in a serious manner. It is impossible to have a genuine debate when some seem addicted to Twitter's 140 character means of communication.

Send list submissions to: Marxism@lists.csbs.utah.edu