From: Marv Gandall via Marxism <marxism@lists.csbs.utah.edu>
Subject: Re: [Marxism] Israel moves closer to a single-state solution
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2014 22:03:00 -0400

On Sep 1, 2014, at 8:07 PM, Gary MacLennan <gary.maclenn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> &#65533;I still believe that ethnic cleansing is on the Zionist menu.

Conceivably. But it&#65533;s also conceivable that granting the Palestinians
formal citizenship at some point could see their demands for equal rights
channelled and absorbed into the Israeli electoral system, encouraging their
gravitation towards parties like Balad and even Labour. As we know, granting
democratic rights (to vote, to form unions) is a two edged sword: it opens the
door to modest improvements within the system at the same time it saps more
militant resistance outside of it. Ruling classes often choose to
institutionalize disruptive and costly conflict in this way, and it may well
underlie the thinking of that segment of the Zionist right cited by Sheizaf. I
wouldn&#65533;t rule out any scenario.
Send list submissions to: Marxism@lists.csbs.utah.edu
Set your options at:
http://lists.csbs.utah.edu/options/marxism/farmelantj%40juno.com
The #1 Worst Carb Ever?
Click to Learn #1 Carb that Kills Your Blood Sugar &#40;Don&#39;t Eat This!&#41;
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5405a6255127326252cc1st04vuc

Send list submissions to: Marxism@lists.csbs.utah.edu