Interesting discussion, though I also know that the human suffering at the
heart of the Palestinian struggle weighs upon all of us in this thread.  We
are all aware of that, despite possible differences.

My analysis springs from a realization that all structures of oppression
and domination rest upon a layer of what I call "dirty business" - torture,
assassinations, beatings, spies, planting of evidence, informers, arrest
without trial etc.  Those in charge of dirty business are generally kept
away from the limelight.  Occasionally they are punished when the system
needs to look respectable. What has happened in Israel is that the peddlers
of dirty business now run the government.  They are out there in the open
for everyone to see in all their filthy racist glory.

As I have frequently pointed out, there is no more Ben Gurion or Golda Meir
to make the Zionist project look half decent. Why the thugs are out there
in charge of things, I am not sure.  It speaks to me of a crisis of
Zionism. I can only think that the political conditions necessary for the
fulfillment of the Zionist dream no longer exist.  That is why that, like
the Apartheid regime in South Africa, Israel is fast becoming a pariah.

Nonetheless, there is an inner logic to Zionism and it cannot be stopped.
 The idea of a two state solution is the last chance for Zionism to become
acceptable, but it is being sabotaged repeatedly by the Israeli
government..  The stealing of Arab land was always the core meaning of
Zionism - always. Ethnic cleansing was also always apart of that.   I think
this is what Richard Seymour means when he talks of the process of
auto-radicalization at  work within Zionism.

It is not for me to tell the Palestinians how they should wage their
struggle.  However, I do agree with the position advanced on the Electronic
Intifada website of dissolving the  Oslo structures.  That could then
initiate a struggle for democratic rights within Israel. The experience of
Northern Ireland shows that a campaign for something such as "One vote: One
value" cannot be accommodated within an Apartheid state.

In the mean time our hopes must be pinned on the visibly deepening
commitment of young Arabs to the Palestinian cause.

comradely

Gary

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 11:09 PM, Michael Karadjis via Marxism <