#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

> On Oct 20, 2014, at 2:04 PM, Ralph Johansen via Marxism
> <marxism@lists.csbs.utah.edu> wrote:
>
> Louis Proyect wrote
>
> Doug Henwood has a major article in the latest Harper's on Hilary Clinton,
> which is behind a paywall. I'd advise one and all, at least if you are in the
> USA, to pick it up at the newsstand and even consider taking out a sub. I
> have been a Harper's subscriber since the early 80s and really value it,
> warts and all. It has the guts to take on the Democrats, something that the
> Nation is loath to do. Short of buying the issue, this summary of Doug's
> article is useful:
>
> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/19/hillary-clinton-2016_n_6011954.html
>
> From this Huffington summary, I would say that yes, it's good to have at
> least that much of the story, and it's good Henwood was able to get it out
> there. But it's a hit piece about the personal development of one of the
> power hungry.

It's precisely the type of criticism a large part of the liberal base of the
party directed against Clinton in 2008 which deprived her of the nomination.
Doug's article will provide useful talking points for the same constituency
which now wants to see her coronation blocked by Elizabeth Warren or Bernie
Sanders. I don't think a similar article attacking Warren or Sanders would be
greeted with the same acclaim in these circles as the Clinton piece is likely
to receive, assuming liberal publications like Harper's and Huffington Post
would be willing to publish it, of course.