#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

On 5/6/15 9:34 AM, Andrew Pollack via Marxism wrote:
And many Syriza members are FURIOUS.

I can understand why but then again leftist governments often make choices dictated by necessity rather than ideology. For example, Cuba counted on support from Franco's Spain and the PRI in Mexico in the 60s, so much so that the Cuban press never said a word about fascism in Spain or students being gunned down in 1968. By the same token, Lenin sought closer ties with the Kemalists at the very moment his cops were murdering the leaders of the CP in Turkey.

Politics is a complicated business. If you are interested in morality, I recommend the Sermon on the Mount and Alex Callinicos's prose.