#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

My recollection (never a reliable source :) , but still) is that Sam has
always been on the (now-defeated) progressive side of the CAW, was
supportive of UAW reformers, and generally comfortable in the Labor Notes
milieu.
Last time I saw him was a couple months ago when he had driven down to hear
Irvin Jim of NUMSA in NY.
None of which makes his terrible position now a complete shock, but still...