#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

On Jul 18, 2015, at 4:18 PM, Andrew Pollack via Marxism
<marxism@lists.csbs.utah.edu> wrote:

> When push comes to shove, it's always Louis's list.
> Unsub me.

It always has to be Louis’ list, because he’s incapable of functioning in a
broader mileu over a sustained period of time. He would be quickly chewed up in
a trade union, workers’ party or other mass organization where his belligerent
egotism would not be tolerated for very long. And he claims to be building an
inclusive, non-sectarian left in the USA! How preposterously self-deluding can
you get?

I thought the exchange between Creegan and Karadjis was thoughtful and
respectful on both sides. I’ve had my differences with both of them and others
on the list over the past decade, but would happily call them comrades and
function collectively with them in the same party. Not so Proyect, whose first
instinct is to denounce. Most recently, he’s had the colossal gall to denounce
those who have not followed him across the aisle to the austerian side as
ideological purists and wild-eyed proponents of a new revolutionary
international. I hope I’m wrong, but this is the kind of language I associate
with those embarking, without fully realizing it, on that well-trodden path of
many former leftists.

I can’t abide petty martinets. For all its merits and the presence of good,
serious people who subscribe to it, leaving this iist is not, after all, like
leaving the old mass parties of the left. Unsub me also.