#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

But they're all US orgs that focus on intervention in Syria.

To play devil's advocate (I need to practice playing devil's advocate
because I'm training to be a lawyer and decidedly going to Hell), many of
the refugees fleeing for Europe (including the one that Merkel patronized)
were Palestinian, but most "Palestine solidarity" groups did/said very
little, and in fact most don't even focus on the refugees that aren't
trying to cross into Europe. Many of the people who died trying to get to
Malta were Palestinians, for example.

I've done my best personally but that's no excuse for the movement as a
whole.

I don't think it makes perfect sense to expect any of the groups taking
whatever position it is to put out statements, but perhaps they should.

The xenophobic rhetoric from Assad is so twisted, and in fact is not unique
to Europe but also common throughout the Arab world, where Syrian refugees
(Assad's "illegal immigrants") are seen as terrorist agents. Assad is
willing to use xenophobic rhetoric to defend crackdowns on his victims. He
is basically doing the same thing that Israel does when it tells other
regimes in the region to look out for Palestinian "terrorists" among the
refugee camps, etc.

- Amith