#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

On 2015-09-07 14:33, Lüko Willms via Marxism wrote:

  this is just a repetition of what they said about the "unnatural
alliance" of the western imperialst powers with the Soviet Union
(USSR) after German imperialism launched the invasion of the USSR on
June 21, 1941 .....

  But look up Churchills June 22, 1941 speech here: .......

  But neither the White House nor Wall Street accepted Syria as their
people....

  But the "Islamic State" is -- in their eyes -- even worse.

  People who can't see the tactical pragmatism of imperialism appear
as pathetic simpletons

Luko, I have no idea how long it took you to write that rather lengthy "response," but in terms of the points made I cannot imagine anyone on this list who you would be disagreeing with! In other words I think you have wasted your time making rather basic points about the pragmatism of the enemy that aren't controversial, but as if it was diametrically opposed to others' statements. The cynic in me suggests that the purpose is to paint others as naive or even sympathetic to Western imperialism simply because we are identifying the major source of suffering in Syria as the side that is actually inflicting it. But perhaps you are being totally sincere and have become so engrossed in a -- dare I say it? -- simpleton's view of relations between Western imperialism and the third world that you cannot tolerate the thoughtful and specific analyses of unfolding events offered by Michael Karadjis and others.

Likewise: