#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

There is so much in this essay. So rich and thoughtful.  I have myself been
doing a piece on song and how it helps us access the angels of our better
natures. For a long time, I have been fascinated, for example, in the
history of the Civil War ballad, Loreena and how it was blamed by one
Confederate general for the loss of the war. It is one of my fondest
memories, the playing of this for Bhaskar at a seminar at the Institute in
London.

I have also been doing some work on war and song and contrasting Kubrick
and Loach's approaches as shown in Kubrick's Paths of Glory and Loach's
Days of Hope.

comradely

Gary

On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 4:11 AM, Hans G Ehrbar via Marxism <