#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Achcar of course has some info in his book, and googling turns up more by
him. Will check MERIP too.
What threw me (and it shouldn't have) was the explicit claims by the author
about the committees' supposed power and jurisdiction. So, as this will now
become the accepted wisdom among tankie fools, it's good you're addressing
it Louis.