#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

At 12:47 29-04-16 -0400, Louis Proyect via Marxism wrote:

>On 4/29/16 11:52 AM, Jeff via Marxism wrote:
>> You can't just start a discussion
>> and then shut it down when it's starting to get to the point
>
>Of course I can. Feel free to write whatever you want but tomorrow we
>move on.

That's not ok, for all the reasons I listed before which you clipped (but I
restored below). What's more, the day's almost over here and I have plans
for the evening, so I guess you're saying that Amith gets the last word on
the subject. You yourself made some brief but sharp remarks on the subject
(essentially denying what I thought I proved in my post) so you should
either be willing to defend that, retract your erroneous position, or admit
that you're unsure. If you are unsure, then you should be soliciting
additional information and discussion, not preventing it. Pretending the
issue doesn't exist on this list does nothing to resolve the issue among
the other 99% of the left who face the same issues.

- Jeff