#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

I have had people say to me that it is hopeless to try and convince this or
that person that I am arguing with.
In reply I say that I am not necessarily trying to convince that person.
Rather I am hoping that someone else is reading my messages.
That's why I try to avoid expressions of anger or disdain.  I believe such
messages make it harder for people to read and accept what I have to say.

I don't want to punish anyone for reading a message of mine.

If you must send angry messages, then you must.  But if you visualize someone
coming onto the list just at the moment you are writing, someone who is new to
the debate, you may find it easier to restrain yourself.

                        ken h