#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

My understanding was that the Shah was in power and Mossadegh essentially
shifted the power balance in favor of the Majlis/Parliament, which is what
triggered the CIA coup and the return of the Shah to full-on dictatorship.

Who actually invited Medea Benjamin to Iran? Her group is very odd. They
used to organize some of the anti-Israel-Lobby stuff in DC but they've
since stopped doing that (I think over internal disputes with Palestine
groups). Their heyday really was during the Iraq invasion when they
siphoned support from Democrats.

Amith R. Gupta

On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 9:13 PM Louis Proyect via Marxism <