#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

It sometimes feels as if people here are determined to make the worst possible
interpretations of comments. It was a straight question, asked precisely out of
curiosity, not the lack of it. I’m not dismissing the general importance of
understanding money, but the text left me wondering what difference it makes to
someone in an electoral campaign if s/he has to argue that we need to raise
taxes to avoid inflation rather than to pay for progressive policies as such?