#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Did not assert that.  Museumed is what needs to be done with these, as I
wrote, with a critique.  As, I believe, that TCM is going to do exactly
that with GWTW, i.e. shown with a socio-political analysis preceding and
following the film.  And TCM is such a museum open to all.

What about "Casablanca" with Dooley Wilson's 'Sam' and Ingrid Bergman's
'Elsa' asking 'Renault', the Vichy official, about the "boy" playing the
piano?  With its magnificent music accompanying.  Not only "As Time Goes
By" but with the stirring anti-fascist rendition of "La Marseillaise"
conjured up by the courage of 'Victor Laszlo'?  Yet another remarkable and
classic piece of film only to be available "to be studied in film classes"?

Etc., etc., etc.

JAI