#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Good comrade,

Have seen both movies at least 10 times.  They are favorites of me and my
girlfriend of almost 34 years.  Know many of the lines by heart.

There is a film, "Cabin in the Cotton" with Bette Davis and Richard
Barthelmess (who was a silent big star whose transition to 'talkies' led to
some of the most unfortunate portrayals).

It is a class film as she is a planter's daughter socialite and he a
sharecropper.  They are at a gala and she invites him to lead "The
Peckerwood Polka".  Might be wrong about the word polka but dead on it
about the "peckerwood" part.  See IMDB info below last comment:

Do we ban this too on a 'class', not racial bias?  It's like being a
'little pregnant'.  When is enough enough.  This very slight difference
with you, good friend, is of no 'nevermind' to me, whatsoever.

With *Richard Barthelmess*, *Bette Davis*, Dorothy Jordan, Hardie Albright.
... *Bette Davis and Richard Barthelmess* in The *Cabin in the Cotton*
(1932) Richard ... Played by the jazz band for the* "Peckerwood Wiggle" *dance
at Madge's party
Rating: 6.8/10 - ‎1,420 votes
The Cabin in the Cotton (1932) - IMDb
<https://www.imdb.com/title/tt00022735/>
With *Richard Barthelmess*, *Bette Davis*, Dorothy Jordan, Hardie Albright.
... *Richard Barthelmess* in The *Cabin in the Cotton* (1932) *Bette Davis
and Richard* ... known as planters and the *poor cotton pickers, known as
tenants or '**peckerwoods'*.

JAI