Jon Corlett a écrit :

A letter from Pristina -Death of a Yugoslav

(posted April 5, 2000)

www.emperors-clothes.com

On Monday, as on every other day, Metodije Halauska showed up in the morning
at the Center for Peace and Tolerance in Pristina. Mr. Halauska is 86 years
old, but still very strong and mobile for his age. He came to pick up
newspapers and fresh food as humanitarian assistance from the CPT. He
chatted with his friends and left the Center's office a bit after 10am. The
very same day, in the afternoon, his corpse was found in Grmija, a park and
excursion site near Pristina. He was shot in the back of the head.
Previously, he had been beaten and had internal bleeding. He was dragged out
of an apartment in the center of Pristina, barefoot and probably wrapped in
two blankets, unconscious, by 5-6 persons who carried him to Grmija where he
was murdered. His body was identified earlier today, Wednesday.

Metodije Halauska is of Czech nationality. He is not a Serb, to be killed,
nor an Albanian to be spared. Yes, he spoke Serbian and above all felt like
a Yugoslav. Whom did grandpa Metodije harm? Did he kill or attack someone?
Perhaps, he was a war criminal???

But grandpa Metodije owned a large apartment. He refused to move out the
apartment even after numerous threats, attacks, break-ins and robberies. No
one has moved into his apartment so far. They did not steal his dinars,
because they are worthless in Pristina. But they did kill him because they
did not like the language he used.

The killing of innocent and really innocent people goes on. Can anyone hear
how people in Pristina, Kosovo, live? Especially Serbs who celebrate every
new day. Does anyone want to hear and see the suffering of people which has
been assisted by the whole world?

We were bombed because we violated human rights, they say. Those who bombed
apparently did that out of their respect for human rights. Where are they
now? Please, send us at least one of those human rights activists, so that
we can treat him with the murder of our grandpa Metodije!

I am a Serb and they want to disconnect my e-mail account because I write in
Serbian in Kosovo! We are forced to use all sorts of languages, apart from
Serbian. We do not dare leave our apartments and houses without escort,
while KFOR and the Police check on us periodically. No one can go to a
store, restaurant, café, let alone to a church or cemetery. We are not
allowed to pray for the living, nor to mourn our dead.

If someone gets this message, the remaining Serbs in Kosovo beg you to
forward it. Let the world know that out of 20,972 Serbs in Pristina before
the war, about 300 remain, and that grandpa Metodije is gone.

The author of the letter is one of the staffers at the CPT office in
Pristina. His or her name is withheld for obvious reasons.

***

Commentary
by Jared Israel

Awhile back we interviewed Cedda Prlincevic, leader of the Jewish community
in Pristina. Mr. Prlincevic had an apartment in a large housing development
when the Kosovo Liberation Army (KLA) and British NATO troops together
marched into Pristina. In Driven from Kosovo
(http://www.emperors-clothes.com/interviews/prlincevic.htm) Mr. Prlincevic
describes how KLA gangsters rushed through the complex of buildings,
threatening to kill anyone who did not move out. Within days most of the
30,000 residents had fled. This took place with full knowledge of KFOR (that
is NATO) troops, including a British Major whom Mr. Prlincevic spoke to.
NATO's complicity was apparent.

According to a report www.tenc.net published later, called To Kosovo and
Back (http://www.emperors-clothes.com/Articles/zoran/&back.htm) many of
these apartments were then sold or leased to UN personnel who liked the
modern European features and could afford to pay high prices.

This was a profitable real estate opportunity for the KLA, the enterprising
new ally of Germany and the U.S. The apartment buildings were already built
so there were no construction costs; even the utilities were hooked up; the
only thing needed was a dose of terror to remove the previous tenants (or
homeowners.) Terror is the KLA's specialty, so no problem there.

But when you think of it, nothing lasts forever. Soon the large buildings
had been emptied of the old tenants and rented or sold to new ones. Real
estate opportunities became scarce. On the other hand, scarcity raises
value: 'available units' were worth even more and so you see the death of
grandpa Metodije was business. Nothing personal. - JI

This Sunday in Santa Cruz

"Yugoslavia and Kosovo, Then and Now"

Sunday April 30, 2000 * 7:00 p.m.
Kresge Town Hall, Kresge College at UC Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, California
(Directions at: www.ucsc.edu/general_info/maps.html )
Michael Parenti, acclaimed lecturer, author of the forthcoming To Kill a
Nation: The Attack on Yugoslavia

Sani Rafiti, President of Voice of Roma [Roma is the proper term for the
group called "Gypsies"]

Shayna Gluck, Founding Director, the Human Shield Project

These speakers will discuss shocking new revelations concerning the US/NATO
war against Yugoslavia, the explosive growth in the heroin and sex-slave
trade in Kosovo and the unchecked violence and persecution of Kosovo
minorities by the KLA-Albanian Mafia.

ALSO special screening

Judgment

This controversial documentary exposes how Bosnian concentration camp images
were fabricated to create anti-Serbian public opinion.

Pre-presentation War photo exhibit "Destruction" at 6:30 p.m.

Donation $5.00--10.00- No one turned away for lack of funds

www.emperors-clothes.com

enter 'Subscribe' or 'Unsubscribe' on Subject line and Send to:

  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

If wish to receive only certain types of Revolutionary Communist Information
Please Specify.

begin:vcard
n:Moumbaris;Alexandre
tel;fax:00 33 1 43 81 21 66
tel;home:00 33 1 43 01 01 30
tel;work:00 33 1 43 01 01 30
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Editions Democrite;Redaction
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
adr;quoted-printable:;;52, bld Roger Salengro=0D=0A;LIVRY GARGAN;;93190;FRANCE
note;quoted-printable:Nous publions "Les dossiers du BIP" un mensuel en fran=E7ais de traductions d'articles de diverses langues "russe, grec, espagnol, anglais, bulgare, allemand....), susceptible d'interesser des lecteurs communistes.=0D=0ALe pirx est de 260 FF par an tarif unique France et l'Etranger.=0D=0ASi vous le souhaitez nus pouvons vous offrir un abonnement gratuit de trois mois =E0 l'essai. =0D=0A=0D=0A************************************************************************=0D=0A=0D=0AWe publish a monthly revue in French "Les Dossiers du BIP". The contents are translated articles from various languages "Russian, Greek, Spanish, English, Bulgarian, German...) likely to interst communist readers.=0D=0AThe subscription is 260 FF a year for France and abroad.=0D=0Aif you wish we can offer you a free trhee month trial subscription. =0D=0A*************************************************************************=0D=0A=0D=0AAlexander MOUMBARIS=0D=0AEditor=0D=0A
fn:Editions Democrite
end:vcard