Bill Howard a écrit :

----- Original Message -----
From: Rick Rozoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2000 3:33 PM
Subject: [STOPNATO] Over 40,000 Protesters Demand Gov't Resign - In Macedonia

STOP NATO: NO PASARAN! - HTTP://WWW.STOPNATO.COM

[I'm sure our free press can explain why this story isn't on the front
page of every Western daily.]

Thousands demand government resignation in Macedonia
May 19, 2000
Web posted at: 6:54 AM EDT (1054 GMT)
SKOPJE, Macedonia (AP) -- More than 40,000 people gathered at an
opposition rally Thursday to demand the Macedonian government resign and
hold early elections.
"Down with the government," "We want elections," read the banners
carried by the protesters at the rally held at the main city square in
the capital Skopje.
The Social Democrats and eight other opposition parties announced a
series of anti-government protests in a declaration read at the
gathering.
"The only thing this government can do to save Macedonia is to quit
power," Branko Crvenkovski, the leader of the Social Democrats told the
crowd.
Crvenkovski's party, formerly the Communists, blame the center-right
government for the worsening economic situation in Macedonia, the only
former Yugoslav republic to secede peacefully.
Macedonia is believed to be dangerously close to bankruptcy. With more
than half the workforce unemployed and a foreign debt amounting to $1.45
billion, the impoverished Balkan nation is hoping to boost its economy
by bringing in foreign capital.
The opposition also accuses the government of giving in to the country's
ethnic Albanians, who make up one-fourth of the country's 2 million
people and have been demanding more rights.
Opposition calls for the government resignation have grown since an
incident earlier this year in which four Macedonian soldiers were
abducted by Kosovo Albanian extremists and reportedly exchanged for a
Kosovo Albanian facing trial in Macedonia.
The Social Democrats led Macedonia to independence from former
Yugoslavia in 1991 and ruled the country for seven years before losing
elections to the ruling center-right coalition, which includes
pro-Western politicians in the country.

Advertisement:
15% off Ashford Collection jewelry for Mother's Day! Mom will love
these gorgeous pieces handpicked by our expert jewelry buyers - now
15% off and shipped FedEx overnight FREE! Spoiled as a child? Return
the favor - get her gift at Ashford.com.
http://on.linkexchange.com/?ATID=27&AID=1231

     --- from list [EMAIL PROTECTED] ---

begin:vcard
n:Moumbaris;Alexandre
tel;fax:00 33 1 43 81 21 66
tel;home:00 33 1 43 01 01 30
tel;work:00 33 1 43 01 01 30
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Editions Democrite;Redaction
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
adr;quoted-printable:;;52, bld Roger Salengro=0D=0A;LIVRY GARGAN;;93190;FRANCE
note;quoted-printable:Nous publions "Les dossiers du BIP" un mensuel en fran=E7ais de traductions d'articles de diverses langues "russe, grec, espagnol, anglais, bulgare, allemand....), susceptible d'interesser des lecteurs communistes.=0D=0ALe pirx est de 260 FF par an tarif unique France et l'Etranger.=0D=0ASi vous le souhaitez nus pouvons vous offrir un abonnement gratuit de trois mois =E0 l'essai. =0D=0A=0D=0A************************************************************************=0D=0A=0D=0AWe publish a monthly revue in French "Les Dossiers du BIP". The contents are translated articles from various languages "Russian, Greek, Spanish, English, Bulgarian, German...) likely to interst communist readers.=0D=0AThe subscription is 260 FF a year for France and abroad.=0D=0Aif you wish we can offer you a free trhee month trial subscription. =0D=0A*************************************************************************=0D=0A=0D=0AAlexander MOUMBARIS=0D=0AEditor=0D=0A
fn:Editions Democrite
end:vcard