Dear list,

I forgot to mention a few recent discography updates:

1. Placido Domingo's latest album, "Sacred Songs", prominently
   features on its first track Mascagni's Ave Maria based on the
   Intermezzo of Cavalleria Rusticana. Domingo already recorded this
   piece live at least once in 1992, but this is a completely new
   version recorded in studio in February of last year. The
   originality is the presence of Norwegian singer Sissel, who sings a
   few lines and performs a recitation in English:

     Hail Mary, full of grace.
     The Lord is with you.
     Blessed are you among women,
     and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.
     Holy Mary, Mother of God,
     Pray for us.

   I was not familiar with Sissel at all, but I think she has a
   beautiful (albeit non-operatic) voice and the result is quite
   appealing.