Hello List,

As a huge fan of Mascagni, I'm eternally grateful to Erik for his superb
site. I also happen to be a writer and I would like to let fellow Mascagni
fans know about a novel I've written that's available to read for free
online. The novel, Defeating Silence, follows a singer-turned-composer
through his trials in creating and producing his opera. It's a tribute to
all of art and opera in particular. Even though the story isn't overtly
about Mascagni it was inspired by his life and work. The entire book is
allegorical to the creation of Nerone, from the use of Vistilia music, to
the criticisms concerning Nerone, even to the point of me publishing it
myself. I've included subtle references, either in story lines or names, to
almost all of Mascagni's operas. I think people who are familiar with his
work will find this novel quite entertaining. So, I invite all of you to
visit the website at:

www.defeatingsilence.com

There, you can find out a little more about the book, read a small sample,
download the entire novel (PDF version), or request to borrow a hardback
version.

I hope you all will take a look at the website and, if you choose to read
the book, I hope you'll find it an entertaining read.

Tanya Henderson
Author of Defeating Silence
[EMAIL PROTECTED]