Fuzzy Fox wrote:

> David A. Ranch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Well... its going to take more than a few years.  But,
> > I really do feel ISDN will die pretty quickly now.
>
> Don't be too sure.  I live in a reasonably metropolitan area, and ISDN
> is the only viable high-bandwidth candidate in my particular area.  No
> cable modems.  No ADSL.  Analog lines only give 26.4K connections.  It
> sucks.  :)
>
> Cable modems are still 18 months away, if you believe my cable company,
> which probalby means 24 months or more...

This kind of strays from the topic of this list...
Anyway, in the big cities, ISDN is dead. Cable modems rule for now, with ADSL
struggling. Greater LA, where I live, is a prime example.
Since it doesn't make economic sense to manufacture ISDN modems for the
relatively few people outside of the metropoles, it is going to die.
I tried to sell my ISDN modem in LA for a year now, since I have a direct
connection now, but there are no takers. Cable is just too big here.

Joe
Joachim Feise         Ph.D. Student, Information & Computer Science
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]           http://www.ics.uci.edu/~jfeise/
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                         mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]